Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Did He Know?

Sorry, stranger for stepping
on your shoe,
for I know not what I do.
Dried of emotion, shriveled, yes I am.
Tired, exhausted and shattered.

I faltered at the thought
of him lying lifeless
in the white bed,
frozen like a beautiful wax figurine,
surrounded by a crying family.

Did he know
that this is no way
to end his problems?
For he only caused immense pain
to those he loved.

Tell me, stranger,
Was it my fault
I didn’t notice
this was the end he chose?
That I should have known better.
That I should have
been a better friend.

Yes, I know.
Life is priceless.
Life is sacred.
Life is fragile.
A threadbare difference
separates life from death.
But he did not know.

Because of that,
he chose to end life
with the same thread,
hanging from a beam,
staring dully at the glass,
from misty it became clear.
The last breath left him,
Leaving us to an eternity
of endless sorrows
and regrets.

No comments: