Saturday, September 10, 2005

Fairytales & Love

Come closer,
I will bare my soul
and tell you the truth.
I’m not the sort of girl
who needs her Prince Charming
coz there’s no such thing.

Sorry, I don’t believe in fairytales and what-nots.
They are for the very young
and the naïve.
Yes, they may be intriguing
but they will never be enacted in real life.

Is there such a thing as
a practical realistic love story?
If there is, please sign me up.
No hesitation.

I’m searching for true love
that will last
but I don’t dare to believe
that we will
“live happily forever”.

I know, I have to be brave,
give you my share of love
but it takes guts
to prepare myself for the “loved and lost” story.

Maybe it is just too much of trouble.
I’m no risk-taker
when it comes to love.
I don’t wanna hurt again
so just let me be at peace
in blissful “singledom”.
No more risks,
No worries,
Resting in peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this poem.. but.. uh.. i still relly relly wanna belif in all the fairytales n happily-ever-after endings.. i guess tat's wat keepin me back all these time.. n yeah, mayb i'm not the realistic person i think i am..

Zzzyun said...

well, i think dat i'm quite realistic in dis area...dunno why...maybe see 2 many sad dramas kua...still, i'm hoping 2 prove myself wrong...lol...=P

Anonymous said...

i feel exactly this way about love. you expressed my emotions in this poem. you are so talented.

Zzzyun said...

hi..'enter my head'...i'm actually quite thrilled dat sum one's really reading my blog and enjoying it...hope dat my poems have given u sum inspiration in ur life...maybe we could become frenz? smile...=P