Wednesday, September 14, 2005

No More Crying

I'm not the type of girl
who cries when something goes wrong.
Other girls shed tears
when they had tasted slight failure.
I just bite my lip,
stare straight ahead,
promising myself to work harder next time.

I won't give it
to my stinging eyes,
showing weakness in front of everyone
juz isn't my thing.
I do not need the pitying eyes
nor do I need the fake words of sympathy.
For they pain me more
than the real cause of pain.

Shining pearls smudging up my face
Something I can do without.
What I really need is a
good kick at the coke machine
or a good kick-boxing session
at the local gym.
Just let me
sweat off the disappointment and anger
of a well-deserved failure.

Remember that you told me
real guys don't cry?
You know what?
Girls like me don't cry either.
I might slam my foot into the wooden door,
getting an excruciatingly pained-toe,
I might punch the washroom mirror
into sparkling shreds.
But listen to my promise
I would never cry
nor shed a tear
in front of an audience,
for sympathy is the last thing i will ever need.

People say---> No War.
I say---> No more crying.

No comments: