Thursday, December 15, 2005

Place of Knowledge

The cold wind play with my hair,
I turn back and see
in my mind's eye,
the warm happy place
that sheltered me
from the thunderstorms of youth.
I have to leave it now,
to seek a new future
to find my way
to the next crossroads of life.

I remember fondly
the hall of knowledge
and the memories it brings.
It nurtured me to become
the person I am today.
Far from the little innocent I was
when I first stepped through
these noble gates.

For that I have
grown in ways too many to tell.
With different viewpoints of life,
and different attitudes to face obstacles,
The place has strengthen my resolve,
steeled my will,
to work among the people,
and do my best
for a better world,
for you and for me.

The gates close
with a cruel clang
that resonated into the distance.
It was time
to shoulder new burdens,
to shrug off weary trivialities
to be the best that I can be.

I'll walk steadily down this path
littered with ruts,
till the day I meet a dead end.
I can rest in peace
in the memory
that I had not arisen in vain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh~

Its been nice knowing you. Hope we meet again some time in the future.

Zzzyun said...

Haha. =)

feeling so nostalgic all of a sudden?

anyway, nice knowing u too. =P