Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Letter of Fate

Suddenly, The Day has come upon us,
without warning it swooped,
so silently
while we were still basking
in the stifling throes of joy
hard gotten by.

I cry desperate tears of anxiety,
waiting for the dreadful Letter of Fate,
fortelling one's path of life to come.
The waiting is too much
for my fragile shoulders to bear.
I'm swirling in a maelstrom
of hopes and negativities.

Oh, it has cometh!
I tore it open with trembling fingers,
almost ripping it into tiny shreds.

It's no good.
My life - finished!
To feel all my hopes come crashing down,
tumbling around me,
while I crouch in horrible despair.

Drown myself in hopes dashed so I will.
Pearls of grief wash my pallid face.
Dry sobs break the momentary silence.
Speeches of sorrow dripped from these lips.

This is it.
I'm finished.
Regret tears me apart,
I'll never be whole again.

Do or die?
I think I died.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad I guess (Disclaimer: This guy is still struggling with English literature), but strangers surfing randomly probably won't have the slightest clue what are you talking about.

I think you're just being too pessimistic. Cheer up! We've got a party soon, so get into party mood already! Besides, there isn't much you can do while you wait, so why not make yourself comfortable in the meantime? ;)

Zzzyun said...

thx~ but i think strangers might be able to relate to it in different ways. tis is what we call poetry ma, rite?

pessimistic? maybe. will now go motivate myself into a party mood! lol...

btw, i was thinking of writing of another scenario to this poem. a more positive one.

see how things go 1st la. :)