Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Last Journey

This poem was written by Nick for our grp's literature presentation thru the eyes of the dying AIDS patient. yup it was also inspired by the same poem The Distant Moon. I did help him modify a bit lah hehe.

Anyway, do enjoy this different style of poetry! I lurve it how he managed to rhyme all the last words together..

Here goes:


Hanging loosely on the brink of death,
Life seeps away with every gasping breath,
Death awaits, an inevitable theft,
Torn to pieces till nothing is left.

Isolated, alone in the under dark,
Disembodied, hollow; where to start?
Friends and family distance apart,
Solitude diffuses into my lonely heart.

Anguish and agony engulfs my very mind,
Devastated in pain as my thoughts bind,
Comfort and peace, I no longer find,
Burnt and scorched to bits over time.

Plagued, it conquers with steadfast might,
Swallows the light, diminish my sight,
The darkness eats me up inside,
Leaving me in fear of death’s swift flight.

No comments: