Monday, May 16, 2005

Dreams In Reality

I live in a wonderful world,
but it's all of my own making.
For Reality
is too scary a place
to really live in.

The real world is torn usunder
by its own cruelty
and treachery.
I refuse to be part
of this axis of evil.
Pretentious, cruel, deceitful
are descriptions I do not need.

In an ironic twist of daily life,
I’m laughed at,
jeered at,
mocked at every dark dull day.
I just close my eyes,
scream at the empty walls,
until everything around goes black.

Various names I have been labeled with,
I could name you
a well-chosen few.
But most of them, I’m afraid
needs some censoring first.
For fear they might
pollute your tender ears
and weaken your fragile heart.

The real world was supposed
to be filled with
laughter, peace and freedom.
But, these I can find
only in my fantasies
and my nightly dreams.

Rather than living in the shadows,
I choose to make my own world
in my own mind.
Maybe I’m just in plain denial.
But what can I say?
This is my own choice,
my ultimate decision.
I don't need your permission
to be real
in a world full of fake souls.

This is my salvation,
my only offering of peace.
This is my piece of heaven.
My own dreams
in an ever-changing reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice one there! Hehehe... :)

June