Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Life After Bars

Watched too much violence
on the idiot box.
Desperate for a piece if action.
Infected with an incurable thirst,
dabbled in petty crime.
In the end,
paid a terrible price,
spent a lost part of my life
behind dull bars.

Finally, I’m out!
Free as a bird
soaring high in the blue blue sky
but I’m lost in a world full of doubt
Can’t find my way home anymore.

I saw a rainbow in the sky
but it has lost its seven colours.
Life has become distinct shades
of black, grey and white.
I’m drowning in a swirl of sorrows
and regrets.

It’s true I was once a convict.
I’m brave enough to admit it.
But, people, hear my sincere prayer.
I’ve seen the error of my ways,
Turn over a new leaf,
I swear I will.

But they won’t give me another chance
for a new life after bars.
I’ve already paid my dues.
Exhausted and stripped to the last bone.

Stick and stones may break my bones,
but their hurtful words will not
cripple my soul, my meandering spirit.
I want to stop trying
but I won’t give up on myself.
Coz’ God only helps
those who help themselves.
I will believe in myself
even if no one else will.

My chance to shine will come
And I’ll be the one
who created it.
Have faith in my dreams,
I know I can do it.
I’ll reach for the stars.
The sky is not the limit.
My great expectations
know no bounds,
know no limitations.

I’ll persevere and be strong
Carve a new life for myself.
Mark my words,
My dreams will be turned into reality.
Even though I’m an ex-convict.

2 comments:

Blogger said...

YoBit lets you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as many as coins you need from the available offers.

After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and resume claiming.

You can click claim as much as 50 times per one captcha.

The coins will stored in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or USD.

Blogger said...

If you're trying to BUY bitcoins online, PAXFUL is the best source for bitcoins as it allows buying bitcoins by 100's of different payment methods, such as PayPal, Western Union, MoneyGram,, Credit Cards and they even allow exchanging your gift cards for bitcoins.